Line Chart & CSV

Discussion about the use of Simantics System Dynamics
senerb

Line Chart & CSV

Post by senerb » May 24th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Hello!

I need a little help with a few basic things that I still haven't been able to figure out.

1. Basically I would like to export the results as a csv, or at least copy the values from simulations to paste them in an external program (aka excel or so). According to the wiki, in the section of Simulation Result and Model Structure Analysis, it says "Selected values can be copied to other software in csv format." I try to do this but it doesn't work. Is there another (or more explicit) procedure to do so?

2. In the general options of line chart I can change the X-axis variable, however it doesn't seem to work properly. Am I only able to plot time in X-axis? I attach an example of the kind of plot I would like to create.

Thanks a lot for your time and help!!

Best regards,
Senerb
senerb

Re: Line Chart & CSV

Post by senerb » May 29th, 2017, 5:35 pm

Help please!
Tuomas Miettinen
Site Admin

Re: Line Chart & CSV

Post by Tuomas Miettinen » May 30th, 2017, 11:05 am

Hmm, there seems to have been some problem with the forum as my response didn't go through, so let's try again:

1. You can copy the values by selecting the time series e.g. with Ctrl+A and then copying it to clipboard with Ctrl+C. I think that's the way that is meant in the wiki by the CSV format.

2. At least I can change the X-axis to another variable, so I have no idea what the problem might be.

BR,
Tuomas