Some questions on saving the model file and user interface.

Discussion about the use of Simantics System Dynamics
nikbels

Some questions on saving the model file and user interface.

Post by nikbels » April 7th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Hi all,

I recently started using simantics and found that it is very nice. Esp. the module functionalities etc. are very good.

But there are still some problems/questions for which I couldn't find any answers till now.

Prob.1:

I am constructing a system dynamics model. I have done it and simulated it successfully, as given in the tutorials. But when I saved it, I couldn't see anywhere the .tg file for the same. It is my understanding that once a model is saved, it can be imported using a file with .tg extension. But I couldn't see it anywhere as to how this is done. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Prob.2:

One of the tutorial talks of a user interface wherein one can change the value of a parameter in some range, e.g. using a slider for the same. But the documentation for the user interface doesn't specify any such things. Any help regarding this is also most welcome.

Answers to the above are eagerly awaited, and I request the learned members to kindly answer them ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Bellarykar.
Tuomas Miettinen
Site Admin

Re: Some questions on saving the model file and user interfa

Post by Tuomas Miettinen » April 7th, 2014, 1:37 pm

Hi Nikhil,

Prob.1:
Are you sure you saved (=exported) the model instead of saving the simulation results? A model is exported by right-clicking the model in the model browser and selecting Export -> Model. The Disk icon on the toolbar saves simulation results instead.

Prob.2:
Operating interfaces are mentioned in a few parts of the documentation even though they are not supported currently as they are published for Simantics members only (if I recall correctly). It's a bit silly those have been added as a teaser to the documentation.

BR,
Tuomas
nikbels

Re: Some questions on saving the model file and user interfa

Post by nikbels » April 7th, 2014, 1:47 pm

Hi Tuomas,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! :) I exported the model, and the file was saved. Thanks a million!

And thanks for clarifying about the user interfaces as well.