Basic Tutorial

Discussion about the use of Simantics System Dynamics
SysJim

Basic Tutorial

Post by SysJim » December 26th, 2014, 11:33 pm

I've installed the latest SSD build and am trying to do the Basic Tutorial (https://www.simantics.org/end_user_wiki ... _Modelling) but after creating the Mice stock I can't create the cloud, flow and valve. I Alt-right click to the left of the Mice stock, drag my cursor into the Mice stock, and then release the Alt and left-click. Until I left-click the cloud and flow (slightly crocked or broken) appear but then disappear when I left-click. I've tried several other combinations of Alts, right-clicks, and left-clicks to no avail. Same happens when I try to create the output flow using the basic tutorial instructions. Please, what am I doing wrong?
jsimomaa
Site Admin

Re: Basic Tutorial

Post by jsimomaa » December 28th, 2014, 7:17 pm

SysJim wrote:I can't create the cloud, flow and valve. I Alt-right click to the left of the Mice stock, drag my cursor into the Mice stock, and then release the Alt and left-click. Until I left-click the cloud and flow (slightly crocked or broken) appear but then disappear when I left-click.
Hi SysJim,

This is a known bug of Simantics System Dynamics 1.8.1. To work around this issue I recommend you to drag the cloud variable from symbol library to diagram and also the valve variable. After that You are able to create the connection from cloud -> valve -> stock by holding down alt and clicking the variables.