Support creating a diagram connection with one drag
|Assignee:||Tuukka Lehtonen||% Done:|
|Release notes:||Added support to diagram editor for a creating/branching a connection without lifting the mouse button in between the start and end terminal. Previously one had to click both end points separately.|
|Tags:||usability, diagram, connection, 1.31.0|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
|Release||Simantics 1.31.0||Release relationship||Auto|
- Press first (left) mouse button down on start terminal
- While holding the mouse button down, drag mouse to second terminal
- Release first mouse button
This should create a connection between the selected terminals as is normally done by clicking on two terminals.
Note that one cannot end a connection in a new flag like this to prevent user from accidentally ending the connection in a flag all the time by still pressing ALT when releasing the first mouse button.
Simplified diagram connection creation
With these changes diagram connections can be created with a single drag
operation when suitable by holding the first (left) mouse button down
until releasing it on top of the end terminal of the connection.
The same sequence also work for branching to/from an existing
#2 Updated by Tuukka Lehtonen 2 months ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
- Release notes set to Added support to diagram editor for a creating/branching a connection without lifting the mouse button in between the start and end terminal. Previously one had to click both end points separately.